Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oh, Baby

When we were at my mom's this last Christmas, Jack spent an entire evening taking care of one of my niece's Cabbage Patch Dolls: picking it up, rocking it, patting it on the back, putting it to bed and telling us to "shhhh." It was adorable. I meant to get one of the cabbage patch babies when we got back to Boston, but Jack wasn't interested in babies. But, lately, Jack has been signing "more" whenever we see a baby or read about a baby. Apparently, he wants a baby. And, since we aren't about to produce another baby, Jack and I went to Toys R Us today and picked out a baby doll. We got one that came with a little car seat holder- and I picked up the stroller that goes with it.

When we got home, he was VERY interested in the stroller. As soon as I got it set up, he threw baby to the side (head first, mind you), and pushed the stroller all over the house. And, baby wasn't allowed in- only his puppy. Mmm... not sure what this means. Maybe he didn't want the baby afterall - maybe he just misses his friends at day care because he's been home sick. Who knows. I'm just glad that the baby and stroller was under $20.

Jack's sleeping now (thank goodness - the phelgm is on its way out). Baby's on the floor in his baby carriage. Puppy is sleeping next to Jack and the stroller is parked next to his mail carrier. I must admit, I hoped to "play" with baby quite a bit more (and not so much interested in pushing a stroller, that's way too short for me, all around). Maybe we do need another baby (girl, girl, girl). Maybe not (yet).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like little Jack takes after Aunt Tricia, puppy dogs more fun than babies!! They do a stroller for little dogs but aussies dont fit thank goodness!!
lots of love T