Friday, September 23, 2005

Poser

I read an article in graduate school about how to deal with the students (boys) who sit at the back of the room, slouched in their desk chair with their legs extended. You know, the ones who could give a shit and want you to know just how much they aren't interested in being in your classroom.

Jack is going to be one of those boys - in posture, anyway. He's got a couch (from Nana W) and a chair (from Grandpa Fijalka) that are made for his size. He loves to sit on them. When he plays in his room by himself, he'll sit on his couch, scootch his butt forward, lay his head back on the couch and extend his arms as if to say, "yeah, "I'm relaxing." During the day, he often eats his meals at the coffee table, sitting in his little fold-open chair. He climbs up by himself, leans back, puts his feet up on the coffee table and slowly munches on the food near his feet. The only time he'll sit up is when he wants to get off the chair, or, apparently, if I take his picture.

Where does he learn these things?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more i learn about Jack from your bloggs the more he reminds me of his father and uncles!!!

He is just so cute!! No i dont think so just cause i am his auntie, i show
everyone and they agree!!

look forward to the updates
love you all
T

Anonymous said...

Laura, thank God for your blog. Jack brightens my day every time I see a picture of him and I love that I know how y'all are doing. Thank you!